ProBoreal - References
The professionals of ProBoreal are used to work globally. We are used to work on all continents.
ProBoreal global activities
- Independent supplier supervision projects
- Bioenergy studies
- Evaluation of strategic options for a power company
- Planning work for a rebuild on a paper machine line
- Proactive maintenance on a papermaking line
- Marketing studies for new technology products
- Consulting projects
- Co-operation with
- Elof Hansson International
- Clean Combustion AB
- Wave Impact Heat Management AB
- EnviBAT AB
- Auditing and troubleshooting projects at board mill lines
- Approach flow pulsation attenuation process dimensioning and design
- Solving problems with regarding paper machine rolls
- Process development on a press section of a paper machine
- United States of America
- Papermaking expertise services
ProBoreal supports success of Sappi Kirkniemi PM3 rebuild
“Long work record of ProBoreal experts has reinforced our own team and in many cases given another, complementary point of view. When needed, they also have raised ideas outside actual PM3 project. Many of these initiatives have been found useful and put to use. ProBoreal experts have been a cost efficient, valuable complementary resource to our own normal crew now that the project has set a need for that, just on proper time and need”, says Mr. Ilkka Lumme, Technical Director of Sappi Europe Kirkniemi mill.
For several years now Sappi Kirkniemi mill has put a lot of effort in reducing occupational accidents and improve work safety in general. Target is to press the mill’s accident number further down from present level - which already is better than the average level in Finnish mills.
During 2016 Kirkniemi mill also has made significant investments to ensure long term competitiveness both in terms of production amount as well as quality. Several key processes in PM3 production line are upgraded. Also this multi-phase project has required much attention to fulfill the demanding targets and schedule set.
An important tool for Kirkniemi to meet this challenge has been ProBoreal and its experts. An experienced site assembly manager with a special emphasis in work safety has been working as an additional resource before and during each assembly period in PM3. In addition, another expert has been working during the whole project implementation stage to ensure successful manufacturing, supply, assembly and commissioning of the new equipment side by side with the mill own project team.